Monday, March 07, 2005

Not once or twice, BUT 6 Times...

SIX different times spread throughout today, six different people, in one way or another and each quite blunt about it, told me I look tired. Not only was I told SIX times today that I look tired, each time it was either the immediate first or second thing each person had to say to me upon seeing me.

Generally it went this way...
"Good morning (apply sing-song voice of neurotic-'It's Monday'-glee) - wow, you look WAY tired."
-OR- "Hi! geesh- you look beat." -OR- the simple, straight to the point, "You look tired."

No, I haven't yet looked at a mirror to confirm just how tired I must apparently look, and I honestly cannot recall even looking at myself in the mirror even once this morning. I do know that I did go through the daily ritualistic application of minor make-up, yet it was done without having to think about it and involved only specific, focused attention to certain parts of my face. I remember seeing my eyelashes as I brushed mascara on them (or is that memory from yesterday morning?), and I vaguely recall judging the even application of "rouge"
(as my Great Gma Ruth liked to call it, what I call 'blush') upon my cheeks, but I have absolutely NOOOO recollection of actually seeing or acknowledging a full-frontal face image of that which is me. None whatsoever.

I'm still at work right now and this post is my first moment of me-time today. That's not a complaint; a mere observation at this point. I'm really not complaining ...just rambling. My left eyelid began twitching about 2 hours ago, but I'm too tired for that to freak me out.

What I would really like right now is TELEPORTATION - directly to my bed, lights out, no questions!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've looked tired since i gave birth to my furst child nearly 4 years ago. gotta tell ya, i'm ready to move on from THAT look. ;)

Susie said...

You look beautiful. I missed your energy, your humor and your sweetness here in blogworld, while you were away. Thanks for the nice things you said over at my place.

Dang Cold.. said...

I always refrain from telling women that they look tired. My wife included. They always take it the wrong way and say "WELL THANKS" in a snarky way. Its possible for a woman to look tired and still be pretty you know. I'm sure you're a prime example. Also, when I saw '6 times' in the title I thought 'Oh that little devil!!'

:)

dc

Closet Metro said...

I just woke up from a nap. Hah!

(Ok, I'm sick, and feel like ass, it's not as good as it sounds.)

Katy Barzedor said...

So, you're not once, not twice, but SIX times a lady?

Now I feel so....inadequate, in the "lady" department. I'm only one-and-a-half times a lady.

*sob*

Anonymous said...

I just read your whole site, and I have to say that you are more strange than I ever gave you credit for! This blogging this is very... interesting...