Monday, July 16, 2007

Food, Glorious PARISIAN Food!

I've been home from my trip for a few days now, and so far, this is all I've compiled for a post about my 2 weeks' stay, off in Paris and London... pictures of my food while in Paris! (This post is obviously for Daly!)

But honestly, someone asked me what I loved most about Paris, and my first thought was to gush about the Parisian palette! Other than the crepe place we tried our very first night there (owned and operated by an Armenian, who's 7 yr old son took our orders and often had to correct his own father's French), everything was delightfully delicious... and I had croissants every day I was there (as was also the case in London, but don't get me started on London fare just yet)!


My very first breakfast in Paris...
(equivalent to my entire caloric needs for the entire day!)Gorgeous, golden, fresh pastries sold in the mornings on Rue ClerJust a few doors down from our flat...I didn't try every kind, but every one I did try, each was fabulous!
This fellow, he very patiently helped correct my French when I'd asked him for 3 flats of raspberries for 5 Euros... yes, three flats of 'em! Our 2nd night, we made dinner at the flat, and we chose ripe raspberries on top of Moellieux for dessert!A little goes a long, long way in Paris; very, very satisfying!Lunch at the Eiffel Tower at "Altitude 95" [Whatever that's supposed to mean, I never found out - - wait! NO! I remember... the restaurant is located 95 meters above sea level... (big whoop, right?) The food was amazing.]This is a piece of cheese, baked with 2 apple slices to absorb the salt... and it was delicious!It's possible I may have had too many of these,
but each one was like a rich lil' tasty work of art.
This is REAL quiche Lorraine - - and it was absolutely to die for!
(if one could die for quiche)
OMG = IT WAS ALL SO FLIPPIN' GOOD!Some pretty inventive stuff...Um, can you say "yum?"
This was my first lunch in Paris - and very, very French, it was - at the
Cremerie-Restaurant Polidor
. If my brain had been on at the time, I would have also taken a picture of the Tarte Tatin I ate there - - it was the very best thing I devoured in all of Paris during my stay.
More quiche! This with goat cheese, red peppers and zucchini!
My last breakfast in Paris ~ and that's a farm fresh egg I'd scrambled!

2 comments:

Daly said...

OMG!!! My monitor had drool ALL OVER IT!! That breakfast and quiche and everything is just to die for!!

Ern said...

Oh, it all looks SOOO yummy!