Wednesday, September 05, 2007

3 Days Until The 'Big Day'

I'm home from work today - - doing French homework right now (well, blogging right now) for my 11:30am class, and have updated my things-to-do list for this afternoon. Gots LOTS to do today for our WEDDING on SATURDAY! Yes, it's this next Saturday!?!

So far, so good, everything that had been soooo out of place at so close a time to our wedding date has been settled: #1, I called to pick up my wedding dress after its cleaning and pressing, to be told it couldn't be found (not something anyone should ever tell a bride-to-be unless they're absolutely sure the damn thing's gone forever), but after 3 more calls and a internally panicking trip straight to the store, it was found; #2, our dear friend from Glendale, CA, who'd applied for a temporary Clark Co. officiator's license was denied just 2 weeks before the wedding, but now, we have a very willing and gracious local minister, a friend of a friend, who has volunteered to stand in as the required legal officiant for our marital contract, thereby, allowing our friend to resume his original post; #3, I found out the only to-attend member of my mother's family had decided she and her husband weren't coming, but in trying to convince her to change her mind and realizing she was not budging, despite loads of logical and emotional argument, I burst into tears and the tears wound up sealing the deal = she's coming; and then #4, I found out we'd lost her husband already, who'd gone ahead and made loads of new can't-be-cancelled plans, after their not-going-to-the-wedding decision, and thereby, we also lost our photographer just one week before the wedding [SIDE NOTE: My first wedding, my uncle took some of the best pictures we had had of the whole lot, so I'd been really excited to have him work his magic again, this second time around.], but my resourceful honey-man scored us a professional wedding photographer in less than a couple days, and without the outrageous Vegas Wedding photographer's pricing. OHHH! And up until today, we weren't entirely sure whether we'd get to go or not, on our honeymoon to Ireland!! Not until my honey-man got his hands on his newly, finally issued Canadian Passport!

Much elated cheering and hooting and hollering the last couple days, let me tell ya.

Okay, so there's the update! Now I gotta get back to my French workbook, so I can leave in 30 min.

5 comments:

Ern said...

Good luck and congratulations! Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

I sent you an email earlier today, but I'll tell you again here that I'm wishin' you a very happy wonderful day!

Kati said...

You must be so stoked! Is "Break a leg" appropriate for a wedding? Well, Mazel Tov, good luck, break a leg, merde... all of it! Us Angelenos will be with you in spirit! Good luck with the familial chaos and watch out for that officiator. He's more than slightly insane. :)
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Daly said...

Whew! I held my breath while reading the whole thing!

Now I can sigh and wish you both a happy, happy day! CONGRATULATIONS to you both!! I am so happy for you!!

kiltsandthistles said...

Hi Annejelynn, I know you don't know me from Eve but I found your site randomly and have been following your escapades. I wish you all the joy and love in your coming marriage. God bless and Congratulations. JoyAnna