Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Blogging Hiatus has begun, BUT...

...I've had this one sitting in my drafts for several weeks, and I'm just gunna post it, cuz I just have to...

My friend Poppy and I, we instant-message one another while at work (moderately), and the weekend before the 4th of July, I think it was, I wrote to her and asked her what she had going for the weekend. She wrote back, telling me she had plans to paint her two-year old's bedroom, and then, what in her mind was only a joke, she asked if I wanted to come over and help paint... The rest of our AIM convo went something like this...

Me: paint?
Me: did you say PAINT?
Me: painting?!? you're gunna paint!?!
Me: PAINTING?!?!
Me: I LOVE TO PAINT! I'LL PAINT ANYTHING!
Me: did you ASK ME to PAINT?
Me: will you let me?!?! will you let me paint?
Me: I LOVE TO PAINT! You have NO IDEA how much!
Me: so can I?
Me: huh? huh? can I? can I paint? can I?
Me: I SO LOVE PAINTING! WILL YOU LET ME PAINT?
Me: I would SOOOOO love to come over and paint! YES? can I?!?
Her: you're scaring me...

So, we spent that Saturday painting from 10 am-ish until 5 pm-ish and we had a TOTAL ABSOLUTE BLAST (I love to paint!) and it was uber fun! And WE DID A GOOD JOB, WELL DONE! Check it! ~ Click on images for a larger view, if you're that interested!



6 comments:

Amy said...

Wowza! That looks fantastic!
You love to paint! And it shows!

Anonymous said...

You really are a good painter. I will remember that when I paint next, tee,hee..

Anonymous said...

Looks! awesome, A. :)

Unknown said...

OH wow... that is SO cool! You guys did a fantabulous job!

Will you come to Illinois and help me paint my kitchen when I get around to it? :)

Elizabeth said...

Y'all did a bang up job, girl. Love it.

Effie said...

Wow. That's some good painting girl! Come help me with the nursery?