Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why I Love Mah Honey-Man ~ Reason 74

Because we were listening to Led Zeppelin yesterday morning while making and eating breakfast together, and we all, including Jellybean, were enjoying the music a great deal, and my honey-man began this conversation (well, really, I just sat there grinning, eating my toast, listening to him go off) about the best classic rock bands of all time.  He mentioned early Genesis and Rush in this conversation of his, and at some point he paused and he somehow solicited an answer of agreement from me.  It was then that I made some snarky comment about how his opinion only dates him and severely so, but he didn't really hear my snarky comment clearly, so he responded in this way with great earnest:

"Wait, what did you say? I didn't hear that."

(I begin to giggle and laugh and he shakes his head to emphasis that he really means he did not hear me)

He continues: "I know that it something witty and demeaning, but what did you actually say?"

He is such a darling geek and I love him so.

UPDATE/CORRECTION: I let it slip late last night (Tuesday the 2th) that I'd blogged about this (above) and as I explained to my honey-man what I'd written about him, he was aghast to hear I'd misreported he had said 'classic rock', when "I said PROGRESSIVE rock, not classic. Progressive!"  And he wanted to be sure that I had emphasized EARLY Genesis, "before Phil Collins ever came into the picture, hell no."

No comments: