Monday, January 02, 2012

A Conversation with My Two Year Old

Found this after this past Christmas, sitting amongst unpublished post drafts.  It's from July 2011, written while we were driving in the van on our way up to Utah for the 4th of July holiday, and for the angel boy-O's 13th birthday celebration:

Jellybean: Where do we live?
Me: We live in ----
Jellybean, interrupting me, squealing at the top of her lungs: --Las Vegas, mommie! We live in Las Vegas, Nevada, mommie!
Me, chuckling: Yes, we live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Jellybean: My big brother, he lives in Ogden! Ogden, Utah, mommie!
Me: Yes, that's right.
Jellybean: Momma, how old is (angel boy-O)?
Me: He'll be 13 years old on his birthday.

Jellybean: When's my birthday?
Me: Your birthday is ----
Jellybean, interrupting again, squealing at the top of her lungs again: March 26th!! And I will be THREE years old!
Me, laughing: Yes, you will be three years old come your next birthday.
Jellybean: Mommie? --followed by a long pause, a little sigh, and no continuation--
Me: Yes, punky? I'm listening...what?
Jellybean: Mommie, I love you too.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: