Thursday, June 21, 2007

If Price is an Indicator...

With the exception of my newly purchased TARGET wedding dress, if price is any indicator, I have fabulous taste when it comes to shoes!

In an earlier convo on the phone with Wendy, the angel boy-O's delightful mum, we got on the subject of wedding plans and ideas (Wendy is a wonderful idea generator!), and continuing on that topic, once off the phone, I decided to peruse the web for a moment, looking for the bridal shoes I have in mind for myself...

I want Ivory colored 3.5 - 4.0" Mary Jane heels with a button strap and rounded toe (I'm not joking)... Very much like this, but with a button strap (to match the buttons at the back of my dress, duh! - - not that it'd be terribly noticeable) and a titch taller because I don't want to have to hem 5 different layers of bridal dress material to keep it from dragging on the floor...

My very first search result:
Manolo Blahniks for $695

Similar search results:
Christian Louboutin = $710
Miu Miu = $430
Beatrix Ong = $470
Delman = $375
Kate Spade = $295
Cynthia Rowley = $270
Stuart Weitzman = $270

Um, I don't think the bride's shoes should cost more than the wedding dress, eh?

1 comment:

Ern said...

On the contrary, I think your bargain wedding dress practically mandates that you spend at least $300 (if not $700) on the shoes!