Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Like a Record, Baby

This morning on the way to work, I found myself stopped at the usual way-forever-long intersection light on the only road to work that spans across SEVEN lanes of ONE-WAY traffic, but today, despite having been caught at the longest and very last light before I can turn into my place of work, I was juhhhst fine with it because it meant I now had more time to bop around in my car, singing along to the lyrics of the most infectious "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive, playing on Jack FM radio at the time [SIDE NOTE: I was taking a much needed break from NPR this morning].

So, I'm boppin' away in my car, enough to make the car shake, and beside me on my right, there's a large, metallic charcoal colored Chevy Surburban which also seems to be shaking, but I can't tell if it's me or if it's them, so I stop my own bopping long enough to glance over and do a double-take at the apparently gyrating driver. Although I can't hear her, she appears to be signing at the top of her lungs, "...right round, baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round, round...", as I am singing the very same words. And so I laugh and face forward, still laughing, to then realize that 2 cars ahead of me and one lane over to my left, another car is shaking to the same beat. I laugh some more to then look directly left, one car up and 2 lanes over, and there's some dude in an old rusty, burgundy colored Buick, sunk low in his drivers seat, vigorously boppin' his head up and down and all around, singing the same chorus in synch with both me and the Suburban chicky.

I love it!

2 comments:

Daly said...

Yeah...that'd be funny to see them when they're singing, "I want your looOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOoOOve!!!"

Unknown said...

Oh see, now that is VERY cool!

Hey! We have Jack FM, too!