Thursday, May 10, 2007

"2Nite, 2Nite! Gunna Buy Me a Fridge, 2Nite!"

After work last Wednesday night, before my honey-man was to leave for L.A. the next morning, we went shopping for my first major home appliance purchase ever - 'major' is in like, hundreds of dollars here, not some toaster oven or a mere hand mixer. Yup, I needed to buy both a fridge and a gas dryer (but I'm most thrilled about the refridgerator purchase!).

Yes, I've been in my new place for over a week now without a refrigerator, and consequently, I have a new found deep appreciation for our ability to regularly access and consume a variety of fresh foods... For the past week+, I've been living on graham crackers, peanut butter, oatmeal and apples, bananas and cans of soup.
Of course, it could have been worse. If I weren't working so many extra hours at work the past 2 weeks, I'd probably have been able to get more creative than that, but anyhow, there's an upside to this: Although not surprising, I've lost weight in the last week! This may be because none of the staple foods I've been eating are the kind I'd be apt to want more and more of, nor have I had much time to even remember to eat...

I digress.

At Home Depot that night, at one point towards the end of our 'choosing this one versus that one,' I was literally jumping up and down, overly excited about my pending appliances purchase - - Funny to see how 'growing up' does strange, unexpected things to a person.

Anyhow, by tomorrow afternoon, I'll be able to buy milk and keep it cold, and I'll also be able to do a few dozen loads of laundry! YAY!

No comments: